Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Secret message card

This is the card I made for my son for his 17th birthday. I really like it. Its very unique and fun. He loves puzzles so I knew he would think this was cool. I wasn't wrong, and he figured it out almost instantly, I didn't have to show him how to uncover the hidden message. Its a standard A2 sized card, 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

My inspiration came from a youtube video by Dawn5377, I found out she has a blog also. So you can find this and so much more by her if you search youtube for her or go to dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com her 05-28-2010 post.

This is the inside of the card, when you fold back the two halves that make up the front.

When you fold the center fold up towards you and touch the back sides together....

...it creates a visible split. You separate it on the new split and voila, the secret message. It's a beautiful thing! I used CTMH D1408 A little everything & D1400 Celebration stamp sets. They fit perfectly in the sections between the woven pieces, like they were made for this card.

I hope you are inspired to create one of these also, try it someone will really like it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...