Sunday, August 1, 2010

Linen closet cards gift set


This gift set is made from DCWV Linen closet mat stack papers. I made the flower following learntostampandscrap.com. I just love how this turns out. I have made several, this one I sprayed with Glimmer mist in twilight. I punched a tab with my McGill punch and layered on the birthday sentiment.

This it to show the uber simple book type packaging to give the cards in. It holds 8 cards and 8 envelopes. I started with an 8.5 x 11 inch piece of card stock, the thicker the better. I scored the long side at .5, 5, 6 and 10.5 inches. Then I scored the short side at 6 and 6.5 inches. A few small snips as seen in the picture and a few small pieces of scor tape on the tabs and voila. Now I attached the 22 inch ribbon closure and the top note die to the packaging before I taped up the tabs to create the pockets. Doing those while the paper is still flat makes it easier for sure.

I made 8 cards like this, no sentiment note cards. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug and a new 5 x 7 embossing folder. Then I used my chalk inks in Wheat to highlight the embossing. Layers of 1.25 inch squares on kraft card stock and while card stock punched with my Martha Stewart doily punch. I added the SU! ribbon before I taped down the layers to the card base. I like to hide my ribbon rather then see it on the inside of the card. That's just my preference.

This shows the package holding 4 of the cards and 4 of the envelopes on the left side and 4 of the decorated envelopes on the right side.

This is the complete set inside the packaging.

Another detailed angle of the gift set ready to give away.
Be inspired! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I'm definitely thinking Christmas presents here......might have to scraplift! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this is a beautiful idea/gift...thanks for sharing.
    And now I'm gonna so and scraplift in gle...
    thanks again....

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...