Saturday, August 28, 2010

Halloween treat bags

I saw this adorable Halloween treat bag on one of my favorite inspiration sites mychicnscratch.com she designs the cutest lil boxes and bags for treats and gifts. LOVE IT!!


This is a close up of the cute tag I added. I used some super cute Memory box stamps for the sentiments. I used CTMH Clover meadow, Orange and Black inks and grosgrain ribbons. The hemp twine is from Beverly's in the jewelry section. I really like the softer texture, its easy to tie and flexible.


Two things I learned while making all of these is
1. to attach the decorative paper to the two outer sides after you have scored the base paper but before you have folded and taped anything and
2. to punch the holes that create the handle area before you tape the whole bag together.
When the bag is all put together there is 4 layers of paper where you need to punch a shape out for the handles. That is uber difficult. So when I do these again, I will punch through the center of the front and back sides and then punch through 1 flap and then the other as I tape them down. This will make more sense as you watch the tutorial video on the chicnscratch website.


This is the view of the side, the finished bag is 3.5 x 2 inches. Plenty big enough to stuff full of sweets.


I made a batch of these for my friends and coworkers. It was a fabulous use of all of last years DCWV & Debbie Mumm fall matstacks....cuz the new ones are out and I feel the need for more! I know, I know.....SHOCKER! I do love me some paper.



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I had posted a comment about these before but I didn't see it so I will repeat: you made these for friends & co workers???? what about family??? huh?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...