Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin gift boxes

I saw a similar 3D pumpkin tutorial for sale somewhere. I can not locate it now, but they did not have a .cut file for Cricut design studio. So I took that as a personal challenge and set about to creating one. 3 hours and 6 test cuts later. Voila! Cutey-patootie pumpkins for Halloween and into fall. That's why I didn't put any jack-o-lantern type faces on them because I want them to be able to stay up from now through Thanksgiving.

Here is a close up of the top. It has a stem, leaves and the lil curly vines. I chalk inked all the edges, they look kind of pathetic with the flash on my camera. Its a grey day so far this morning (YAHOO! dancing with happiness for the grey fall day) so I had to use the flash. I chalked all the edges with Versamagic chalk ink in Ginger bread and Jumbo java colors.  
Here is the smaller pumpkins insides. Poor pumpkin is starving. Shame on me.
AAAHHHH, now the pumpkin is happy. Yum-o! The finished measurements are 3.25 x 3 for the smaller one and 3.25 x 4 for the taller one.
I used George basic shapes cartridge on the design studio for Cricut, and I would be happy to share my .cut file with you. Just leave me a comment (be sure to give me your email address) and I will send it out to you.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Halloween, enjoy your tricks and treats.
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    LOVE these! Too cute. I would love the .cut file please.

    Thanks,
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I am really going to have to come over and check out the whole cricut thing....I may have to get one...or a pazzle....or a......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pumpkin gift boxes
    could you please send me the cut file ,I would like to make them for my grand sons kng. class. thanks fish33@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just way to adorable and perfect for my table ensemble. Could I also have the cut file. PLEAE and THANK YOU!!!!

    northerngirlstamper@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...