Sunday, October 24, 2010

Star mini album


This is my only bit of paper crafting this week. I love how it turned out. A friend of  mine had made a bunch of beautiful star albums, and I was intrigued to say the least. I found a great youtube tutorial. Its by expertvillage and the tutorial series is titled "How to make a star book" there are 7 short videos to this tutorial. It is very thorough, and I like being able to do the steps and then start another video, then do those steps....and so on.





Those are each of the inside pages. I did minimal decorating because the pages are small. Each side is 3x3. The finished size of the book is 4.25x3 when closed. But the wow factor is when its opened, it can be tied and displayed in the shape of a star.

Wow, right? Well, I thought so anyways. Very cute. So in my altering this down to a smaller size I cut my outer pages (the red in this picture) at 3x8.5 inches. I cut the middle page (the white) at 3x7.25 inches. The outer most page, where the pictures or sentiments can be mounted (the black) are cut at 3x6 inches. I used scraps to decorate each pair of pages.
Well, that's it for me for now. I am eager to get more time for my paper crafting. Cross your fingers for me. Thanks for stopping by.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one Cathy! And the size too. Just perfect to hang on the tree. I also like the 5 sides. Mine has 7 and takes a lot more paper to make, but this is just as cute. Love the color choices too.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...