Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolates and candles gift set

 I love it when what I picture in my head translates correctly to paper and crafting. This is one of those moments.
As I become more familiar with my Cricut design studio software and I get more and more familiar with the design of boxes I am slowly becoming able to see the shapes needed to create a finished product.
This little matchbox of sorts is a finished size of 3.5 x 5 inches. It holds 4 tea light candles and 3 Hersheys nuggets. The nuggets had a tendency to slide around a tad, so I also added a treat sized Heath bar underneath the nuggets to take up some of the slack in the space designated for chocolate. You can never have too much chocolate, right?

This is a peek at the insides. The tea light candles have an image stamped on tissue paper and then punched out with my Creative memories 1.5 inch circle punch added to the top. I poked a hole in the center of the tissue paper with my piercing tool and slipped it over the candle wick. Then I used my heat tool and blew on the top of the candle until some of the wax liquefied and permeated the tissue paper. When it cools it appears like it was always a part of the candle. Its a really pretty effect I think.
These nuggets are wrapped in a coordinating patterned paper that is cut at 1 x 3 inches. The Heath bar which isn't really visible in any of these photos, but trust me it's there, is wrapped in the same patterned paper but it's cut at 2.75 x 2.75 inches.

So after my first successful completed box (and several failed test cuts...) I went a little crazy. They go together quickly. I did these 3 in 1 hour. The pink/purples ones, I ran the chocolate wrappers through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder, to give them some texture to the plain card stock.

Here is a close up, see the nugget wrappers have embossing texture? The candles have a simpler shwoopy stamp pattern on the tissue paper.

All of the paper is from the DCWV Rustic paper pad. I'm really happy with how these turned out.
I used Cricut design studio and George basic shapes cartridge to design this .cut file. If you would like to have this .cut file please leave me a comment (including your email address pretty please) and I will send it out to you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I would love the .cut file please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative and pretty. I'd love the cut file if you're still sharing.

    I'm still in aww over this and what a cute way it is to display the candles/chocolates.

    PS - Are the candles still useable with the wax paper or are they display only? It's such a pretty look.
    yhilland@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did such a great job with these, they are perfect gifts to give for the holidays! i would love the cut file if you are still sharing. thanks
    alyson_apex_vb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is adorable i would love the cut file you are so creative. Thanks again
    kimber_kayla@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I just ran into in post & those boxes are AWESOME. i would Love to have the cute file if it's still available. Thanks

    Nancy
    lokieluv@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...