Saturday, November 27, 2010

Matchbook mini album

Oh my goodness, how cute is this? I saw this tutorial a year ago and it has been on my to do list since then. I found the cutest cello bags at Walmart and picked them up with this project in mind. The tutorial can be found at followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com, her 12-10-09 post. She is right, it is quick and easy with a beautiful gift in the end. LOVE IT!!!!

This is a side view to give you a different perspective. I'm not in love with the binding end being .75 inch wide and the other end being 1.5 inches wide. I will change that on my 2nd one. I do not embellish as much as some. I prefer to keep my pages available for pictures near to full size as possible. But that's just me. But I do plan on making more of these.

Ta Da!! these are the cello bags, that are used here as pockets for the tags to push into. I used 5 bags, folded in half to make 10 pockets. That makes 20 sides of the tags to add photos and journaling too. Or you could journal the story on the inside of the front cover (I did not add patterned paper as she directed), and use all 20 sides for photos.

I used SU! cherry cobbler paper for the cover, the patterned paper is gorgeous Jillybean soup paper from LSS The Green Tangerine. The ribbon is new from my JoAnns shopping with mom for her birthday. Woo Hoo! What a fun girl day that was. The darling Merry Christmas stamp is new from my Friday "kick off vacation with a bang" shopping trip to LSS The Paper Garden. The kraft and evergreen paper are miscellaneous stuff from my stash. Very fun to pull all these beautiful things together and make a pretty gift. Now I'm off to coordinate blues and reds for the snowman cello bags I also picked up for this project. See you again, real soon. ;)  I just love vacation!

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...