Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Origami stars

I came across a tutorial for making these paper stars today and as usual for me, I could not stop at just 1. I admit it, I have a problem. I get addicted to something and make many. These are really cool, embellished with pewter brads from CTMH. They appear like the light weight metal stars....but ta da, they are paper. Love it!

Here's a close up of the brads and the inked edges and the cream de cocoa glimmer mist.

This is a shot of them hanging in my dining room. A small wall just perfect for 4 stars in various sizes and fall paper patterns. I hung each of them with a single Fiskars adhesive foam dot, I placed it at the top point. I wanted the 3D effect to stay pronounced so I did not put the pop dot in the center.
I am thinking I will make some for Christmas next. 

The tutorial is found here, tracys-trinkets-treasures.blogspot.com the 10-22-10 post. I would say be forewarned they are addictive, but I am beginning to understand that not everyone suffers from that problem like I do. Oh well, there are worse addictions, right? 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...