Saturday, January 29, 2011

Masculine Valentine's cards


Dare I call these masculine cards? Maybe it would be truer to say less feminine cards. Oy! I have such a hard time trying to come up with masculine cards that I truly like. I love my ribbon and stickles and buttons and bows. I do like the non-traditional valentine's colors. I went for my sons favorite colors green and blue and black.

I did a technique I have seen all over the internet but I can not recall one specific spot to give credit, but suffice to say it has been around for a long while, I definitely did not come up with it. The black cardstock is cut to width, punched with a shape and then lined with clear packing tape. Then the chunky glitter (it's got more texture, and I had hoped would be a lil less girly. I think I failed.) is poured over the sticky side of the tape. Voila!
Green is my Jacob's favorite color and the inside of the card says You have my heart! and Happy Valentine's Day.

Here is the same technique with a different punched shapes and color of SU! chunky glitter. The sentiment inside says You make my heart sing and Happy Valentine's Day. For Brandon, who plays piano and loves music.

Stay tuned, I have plans to make some candy gifts to coordinate. After all I have perfectly nice heart shapes and scraps that MUST be used up. ;)
Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...