Sunday, January 30, 2011

Paper pieced flowers card

I saw this flower idea on a Scrapbooks Etc. facebook post of a members scrapbook page. I thought it was really cute and wanted to give it a try. I also have been wanting to try this satin ribbon ruffle technique. The really fun lil tidbit about this whole card is the paper is from a Target dollar bin paper set and the satin ribbon is from Dollar tree. Inexpensive but adorable I think, that makes it even more wonderful.
For the flowers I cut 4 circles for one and 3 circles for the other, using my Creative Memories cutters and blades. Then I took my sharp lil Fiskars scissors and cut a totally random wavy pattern around all the circles. Layered them up and added a punched flower from the SU! punch and hold them together with a bright Bo Bunny brad. They are held onto the card with SU! dimensionals.
For the ruffle I adhered some Super Sticky red tape across the top of the card (after I had adhered the bright green paper down first). The red tape does not go all the way to the edges of the card, so the the tails of the ribbon could be loose. Then you just kind of bunch and wiggle the ribbon around haphazard and totally random, and push it down into the tape now and again. For my first attempt I really am happy with how it turned out.
The sentiment stamp is from a Disney princesses stamp set that I got on clearance at Michael's a long time ago. I stamped it in CTMH Hollyhock ink. 
Voila! Bright and beautiful generic card that can be for a get well, a birthday, even a thinking of you and sending happy wishes type card when needed. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...