Thursday, February 24, 2011

2-5-7-10 box with paper roses

It's a crazy name for such a pretty gift bag. Split Coast Stampers newsletter revisited this oldy but goody this week. You can find the tutorial here and there is a link in the gallery to a youtube video also. I do love a good tutorial video.

Here is a close up of my paper roses and leaves.

Here is a side view to give you an idea of the dimension of the roses.

I started with two 3.5 inch squares and one 2.5 inch square, which I free hand cut into a rough scallop circle.

This is a detail shot of the free hand scallop spiral cuts I made from the outer edge all the way into the center.
The rolling starts from the outside, rolling towards the inside then hold it all together with a glue dot on the center circle area, pressing the rolled petals down into the glue dot. At this point I pressed the petals outward and rolling slightly for texture. Not bad for my first real attempt. A few things I will try next time. Using lighter cardstock or patterned paper (this was SU! cardstock,some of the thickest I work with) and I will cut a more precise scallop circle on one of my electronic cutters.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...