Sunday, March 27, 2011

Birthday list mini album

I made this little mini album as an event reminder calendar. It has 6 pages with staggered tabs so I could put the months on each tab, front and back. The completed size is 3.75 x 4.75 inches.  I used K & Co. Chocolate Neapolitan again. I just love the browns, pinks and greens lately.

I designed the covers and tabbed pages in the Cricut Design Studio using my trusty George cartridge.

It's hard to see but the spine is just card stock scored at every .5 inch and mountain/valley folded. Then the tabbed pages are taped to the front of each mountain fold. I found a great tutorial for this type of mini book binding here, at pinefeather.typepad.com.  This mini was a quick and simple solution for keeping a list of events for each month. But now I'm also thinking it would make a great grandma brag book. You could keep school photo's or snapshots from a single event on the pages. Hmmm....my head is swimming with possibilities again. So many ideas, so little time.

I created a word document with the months of the year and one with lines across the page so that I could print it out on coordinating cardstock.

If you would like the .cut file for the mini book, or the word doc for the tabs I am happy to share. Please leave a comment on this post including your email address. It makes my sharing so much easier if you include it right here rather than me having to track it down. Thanks for understanding.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Once again you are amazing :) very cool! Can I have the .cut file please? brandyrea@ATT.net Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...