Thursday, March 17, 2011

Scrap cards for the holidays

I don't know how I ended up with cards that look so Christmas-y. That's not what I set out to do when I was inspired by a card here, nicholeheady.typepad.com on her 03-15-11 post. The inspiration piece used craft cardstock and so I was going to also. But somehow I ended up pulling out my red paper scraps and choosing 9 different pieces. And I had handy the music notes and dictionary pages scraps left from Christmas projects. The rest is history.

This is my favorite one. I love the music notes and this was my second one so I did not attempt to hand cut the scallop bottom (ick, you will see on the next card. I did a poor job of it.) Which left me a nice little area for stamping a sentiment. Plus this was my second use of the liquid pearls, and I did not BLOB on the first flower.

On this one I do actually prefer the cotton crocheted lace, but I ran out so I had to improvise on the second card. For all the little faults I pointed out, and even though it is St. Patrick's day today, I like how these cards turned out. I will stash them away for the holidays. I'm just planning ahead, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...