Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SU! Earth day projects class


This past Sunday I went to an Earth day inspired class from one of my SU! demonstrator friends, Tanon. You can see some of her fabulous work here. Some, I say because she creates tons of fabulous things and only blogs some of it because she is busy creating with her limited free time. I understand, I really do, but I miss seeing all her creations for my own selfish inspirations. ;) She co hosted this class with Tracy and Kim. They made some fabulous projects. We had a great time.


This adorable card is created using pieces cut from grocery bags. It's hard to see here but it has some textures and edges that make you certain it is a paper bag.


This is an adorable note pad, created using recycled paper cut into squares for the filler and recycled packaging chip board for the covers. Super cute details on the cover. The ruffled ribbon technique and we inked the grosgrain ribbon to match the colors in the designer paper and stamped image.


This is a toilet paper roll for the base of this cute gift card holder.


This is a tiny school lunch sized milk carton wrapped with a belly band of grocery paper bag and tied closed with a ribbon. I loved the pom pom ribbon wrapped close to the edge of the punched circle. Very cute detail.


This is the cute packaging of brads or eyelets from SU!. We covered the bottom and top to dress it up for a pill holder or any cute small accessory can be stored inside this altered cutey. Pom pom ribbon, twine and a monster button for decoration here too.


And finally the Starbucks frappacino bottle decorated for gift giving. Kim had filled it with jelly beans for each of us, but I ate mine. They were the nummy starburst jelly beans. Thanks Kim. YUM!


I loved recycling, upcycling and altering all of these items. Super fun and cute ideas. Thanks ladies!


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...