Sunday, May 15, 2011

A stash building, card making frenzy


I had a fun Saturday, spent with girlfriends chatting, snacking and making cards. First on my to do list was an 18th birthday card and a graduation card for my son, Brandon. He graduates and then turns 18 in the same week. It is coming up very soon, so I did those cards first. I love how both turned out. The blue with the compass print paper is the birthday card, kind of appropriate for a boy turning 18 and trying to find his way into adulthood. The black and tan is for graduation, I used map paper hoping he finds his way in the world. Or maybe he will travel the world, that would be wonderful too.


6 of the cards I made were just the same layout as the sketch card I posted here. I really liked the finished results and it went together so quickly. That's a win-win in my book.


I made it easy on myself and used DCWV mat stacks. Everything coordinates, than I just added some sentiments from CTMH in ink colors I could match as closely as possible and layered on some flowers and it is all done.


These were inspired by the beautiful birthday card my friend Tanon gave me. You can see it here. I will be needing a few retirement cards so that is the plan for these bright beauties.


A close up so you can see the tone on tone stamping detail above the punched out circles.


Another close up of different stamping details. This is another cute and quick card design. I enjoyed copying this design. I hope you enjoy them as well.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...