Saturday, July 30, 2011

Roxie cards


Woo Hoo! I feel like I am really getting the hang of this only CTMH products restriction, for making class cards. It is easy with so many new and beautiful products in the new idea book. This card is a 4.25 x 4.25 square and was inspired by a card in the Autumn/Winter 2011 idea book, page 19 again. Along the lower edge you see one similar, I did quite a bit of creative tweaking to this one. I believe their card base was cut with the Cricut cartridge, since I still don't have it, yet....I just rounded the corners on a basic card base then used some Nestabilities to cut the shape out of the 3 different papers you see there. The papers are from the new Roxie set. The white card stock edges were sponged with Desert sand ink and a sponge dauber, just to soften them up a bit. It seemed a bit harsh next to the Roxie papers.    


The sentiments are from Say it in style stamp set and stamped in Smoothie ink pad. The butterflies ~oh the butterflies~ I love these new flutter paper shapes. They have a beautiful texture of a mulberry paper and a black script detail on them. They are white when you purchase them, but I colored this one with Smoothie ink to match my project. I squeezed the ink pad so the lid touched the pad just a bit, so when I open it there is a smear of ink on the inside lid. I then used our spray pen and spritzed a little water onto the ink on the lid. Then I set the paper butterfly down in the diluted ink and it sucked it right up. Laying it to the side to dry, I grabbed a sheet of sparkles and a sheet of pearls and a plain old black sharpie permanent marker and colored 4 of the sparkles and 4 of the pearls. I added the dried butterfly to the card with a thin strip of tape so the wings are free and curl up prettily and then I added the slightly altered CTMH bling to the center of the butterfly. Easy peasy, but so pretty I think.



I have to show you my new stamp for the back of my handmade cards. Its a cat from a Halloween dollar priced set I got this weekend at our LSS Green Tangerine. I had a super fun girls night out with my mom and one of our stops was to this wonderful store. I scored this stamp and a few other goodies. The alphas I have had for a while, I know they are Studio G from Michaels. C.A.T. is my initials and my self imposed pseudonym. So I thought this was just perfect.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are awesome! Love the Roxie pack. Check out my blog at justinehovey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...