Monday, September 5, 2011

CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut reversible banner

I have been so inspired by all the banners and buntings all over the internet right now. They are everywhere, and they are adorable. I finally got to work and made one of my own. I used the new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut out everything. The scalloped base, the white and cream layers and all of the letters and shwoopies too.

I wish I remembered where I originally saw this idea for a double sided Halloween and Thanksgiving banner. I would love to give that person credit for their ingenuity and creativity. Suffice it to say, it was not my idea. But it is an awesome idea. Especially if you start with CTMH's new Mischief paper. Because one side is black and grey damask design and the other side is brown, orange and wine stripes. Decidedly Halloween and Thanksgiving feels. So that is my base paper, the scalloped banner layer.

Here is a close up of a little of the detail on the Spooky side. I used CTMH ink in Pear and Gypsy. The paper for all of the letters is CTMH Goldrush. The accent along the edge is from CTMH A timber stamp set. I used Glitz Grape stickles to add some bling and a few flowers from my stash in coordinating colors.  


Viola! This is the Thanksgiving inspired side. Just a quick flip and you have the decoration for the next holiday.

Here is a detailed shot of the embellishments to this side of the banner. I used CTMH Chocolate and Sunset inks. The detail along the edge is stamped with CTMH A flitter stamp and I blinged it up with the new CTMH Bronze Glitz. I also added a few random flowers from my stash.


And in the spirit of keeping it real! See what I did wrong? Oy! I am so lucky that each of the banner pieces was just tied together with ribbon. So it was easy enough to fix. But boy oh boy did my husband and youngest son have fun at my expense over this boo boo. They were doubled over with laughter when they noticed it (before I had....*slaps forehead in shame*). I had tied it together with the SPOOKY side up, and had inadvertently flipped the O's. But as you can see in the above photo, I had it fixed in under 10 minutes. So no harm done, and they say laughter is the best medicine. (Although I think the ones who said that, where not the ones being laughed at.)

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy,
    I just love this banner! Great idea and wonderful job. The colors are just perfect. I wouldn't have noticed the boo-boo if you hadn't mentioned it. I like being thaknful...hee, hee. Glad you got to spend some time this holiday weekend crafting. Next time we get together we will have to get together and do some scrappin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    Do you have a .cut file for this one too? For some reason when I saw it the first time I thought you made it on the Pazzles, but since it's on the Cricut ... I would love the .cut file :) I cannot wait to get this cartridge!!!

    brandyrea@ATT.net

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...