Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pazzles silhouette cut cards


Friday was a wonderful Pazzles play day for my mom and I. I added an extra vacation day to the already long weekend, and so I called my mom around 7:30am and asked if she wanted to come over and play. She arrived by 9am with her Pazzles and laptop packed and breakfast treats to boot. Yahoo!

She had learned the technique of cutting out the silhouettes in card topper paper from a wonderful online video class through a Pazzles instructor, Klo. She was eager to teach me what she had learned. Shortly after arriving, snacking, setting up our Pazzles side by side she began designing the awesome card you see above.  As she designed her spooky Halloween tree card topper, I designed my spooky Halloween ghost and bat card topper you see below. The technique was awesome. Then she also reinforced the pen tools fantastic abilities.

So the Pazzles .wpc files we both designed have the pen tool dash lines and the shapes cut out in them. They turned out awesome. I love them both. On my ghost and bat card can you see the red mini gems I put for eyes? Spooky! I love it.


As is my nature, I went very crazy designing more and more cut out shape card toppers with built in dashed lines for the pen tool also. I love the pink and black of the hearts card. Too sweet.

This is a pretty 5 petal flower shape cut out topper. I made all three of the flowers different sizes. With this card topper I learned a lesson. I was using Sakura gelly roll pens in my pen tool in the Pazzles machine. Just on this one card in one spot the ink had not dried fast enough and the little grey plastic roller rolled over the wet ink and  smeared it. Thankfully not very bad. My way to hopefully camouflage the boo boo was to make it look like a loose thread left over from the faux stitching. Not fabulous but not a wasted effort either, so I am ok with it.


This is my fourth and final card designed using this technique. Again 5 petal flowers but this time all three are the same size. This is my least favorite, it was getting late and I was running out of inspiration when it came to decorating this card. But the .wpc file is cute and has lots of potential.

Thanks mom for another awesome girls play day. I had too much fun.

If you have a Pazzles and would like to have any or all 5 of these card topper .wpc files. We are happy to share. Leave me a comment here, with your email address, and I will send you the Pazzles files.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Next time we will have to try sliding the little grey rollers over in case the ink is still wet. I had an awesome day playing with you and our Pazzles too!! Can I have the flower one with the buttons? I think that's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards. Would love the filesi. I love my pen tool. can do around and square but how did you go around the flowers. This is a neat idea. Thanks. WandaB19562comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the cards! I wonder which video your mom watched - I'll have to watch it myself! AND better yet - I already have the pen tool! Please send me the files - thank you!
    SweetAline@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have the pen tool and have never used it! Your cards inspire me to try. I would love PazzleLift your files. Thnxs! lclqbell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I would love to have your files.

    sharonscraps@satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your cards and would love to have the files to try on my pazzles.
    Thanks so much for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful !!! I will go to watch that video. I am really newbie with my pazzles, so I have to play with it. I would love to have your files.
    Thnaks in advance
    lachavezjadiaz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the cards. I also have the pen tool and have never used it yet. Would love to have your files. Thanks so much for sharing.

    lyndnic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought I had left a comment on your cards. They are wonderful and I would love to have the files to cut on my Pazzles.
    Thanks - Pam M from CA
    quillpm@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...