Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Glitz-y cards


I like this simple card design. The paper gets to be the star and then there are pretty touches that enhance it. As soon as I first saw this card here I knew I had some great papers to use for my versions of this card. One for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas.




First I used my little rolling piercing tool with my Scor-pal and pierced the edges of the ivory layer. Then I stamped and cut out a sentiment with an oval nestability, then leaving the nestability in place I used a sponge and some of the CTMH Sahara sand ink to sponge inside the oval around the sentiment. Then I punched two holes in the oval and threaded bakers twine through them. I popped dotted the oval on and wrapped the ends of the twine to the back of the kraft layer.  Finally I used CTMH Glitz in bronze on the leaves, I put a dollop in the center of the leaf and used a toothpick to pull it out to the points and edges.




This card had all the same steps as above, only using CTMH heavenly blue ink and Glitz in stardust. I think they are simple and sweet. I can see this design being used over and over by myself.


If you want to CASE this design I will share the measurements to make it simple for you. The card is a standard A2 at 4.25 x 5.5 inches. The first layer is 4 x 5.25 inches. The white/ivory layer is 3.75 x 3.75 inches, piercing at 1/8th of an inch around all four sides. The three strips of patterned paper are 1 x 3.25 inches. I used the closest nestability size to my sentiment size.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...