Sunday, December 18, 2011

Paper ornaments from border punched strips


I was inspired by ornaments I saw on Pinterest. The tutorial provided by Fiskars was simple so I got straight to work. I am creating with My Minds Eye I Believe paper pack. It is double sided card stock weight papers in cute Christmas patterns. I have lots of border punches so I grabbed six of my favorite designs and started cutting and punching the strips according to the tutorial.






These 3 ornaments where created with the scraps that were left over from the strips cut according to the tutorial. So these are smaller, shorter ornaments but still quite cute.




I did not care for the raw edges and the staples showing at the tops and bottoms of each ornament so I cut a scrap of coordinating paper, folded it in half and using Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive I covered the top and bottom. For the top the scrap was twice as long, this gave me some room to punch a hole with my Crop a dile and run some silver thread through for hanging.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...