Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pastel snowflake cards

Pin It
These cards were a challenge for me. A BIG step outside my comfort zone. But they were snowflakes and I love snowflakes almost as much as polka dots, so I was inspired. I saw them on this Pinterest pin, and I love Anya's design style always. It's just tough for me to try, much less pull off the shabby chic or vintage feel. It's not really my forte. But this was simple enough, so I gave it a try. Then in true Cathy style, I can't make just one.....I made six.



Three with the right side edge lining up, and rounded corners.




And three with the left side edge lining up, and no rounded corners. Just like the designers original. Although she had hers pop dotted up off of the card base and I actually liked it flat against the base. I used regular ATG tape around the edges and then I took my trusty Zig two way glue pen and touched down on all of the delicate snowflake parts to make sure they did not rip away and ruin the details of the snowflakes. It wasn't as hard as it might sound, I wasn't terrible careful about it just a quick touch around all the delicate tips and slap it on the card front.




These pastel papers came out of a pack I bought at Walmart. All from the same pack. I say this because they did not all react the same to the bleach I spritzed on them. The purple bleached out the prettiest in my opinion. The way I wanted it to, with larger spots to resemble snow. The blue didn't show bleach at all and the pink was more of a fine mist look to it. I than attempted to spritz with a fine mist of walnut stain. This was all done before I had attached the pastel layers to the card base. Then I stamped the sentiment from CTMH A Holiday stamp set in Ranger distress ink in walnut stain.

Not bad for one of my few attempts at shabbiness, chicness or vintage-ness. Yahoo.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...