Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stash building cards



I have been card making at work, on lunch break. I have to say it has been so wonderful. My friend and I have brought a small stash of coordinating items and we choose an idea off of Pinterest and we make several cards from the same idea. Keeping is simple and using the same coordinating items for all of them allows us to complete a set of cards in roughly one week, usually.

This first set was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. I used DCWV paper from the Linen closet matstack. Then I switch up the sentiment, the ribbon and the edger I used across the bottom of the paper piece.



Here is a close up of one of the combinations.



This is my second set. Inspired by this pin and this pin on Pinterest. Again using DCWV papers this time in the Flower shower matstack. Again using a variety of stamped sentiments, edge scissors or border punches and ribbon and flowers to embellish, but the overall design is the same.



Here's the close up.  I lucked out that the felt flowers perfectly coordinated with the Flower shower matstack colors.




This is the third design we completed. This was inspired by a card I made at a SU! stamp a stack function a few weeks before Valentine's day. We took our measurements from that card and just recreated it with patterned paper from DCWV the Spring matstack collection and some more Flower shower papers too. We stamped the little corner shwoopy detail and the sentiments. Used the SU! punch and inked all the edges before putting the layers together.




Here is the close up of this card design. All of these cards are standard A2 size. We used somewhat generic sentiments on the outside and left the insides blank so that as we need them, we can grab them and personalize them to the situation that's needed.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful work and a great way to build up your stash. I alaways ask myself why does each card I make have to be different when I am going to give them to different people. I guess that is just some kind of crafty quirk, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...