Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's circle border cards


Oh goodness, I really must stop making Valentine's cards. I have more than I can use and I will have to store them for a long while before it is time to donate to Operation write home. But I am so inspired by what I find on Pinterest, and by beautiful Valentine's colors and papers.



Pin It

This card style was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. I loved the overlapping circle border with the smaller circles inset on each part of the border.



Pin It

And this one was inspired by this pin. Both of these card borders appear to me to be made from the same border die maybe. I wasn't really sure, but I was certain that this would be very easy to create on my Cricut. And I was right.

So I used my Design Studio software and George Basic Shapes cartridge and using 1 inch and .75 inch circles overlapped a bit to create the border. Then I also created the smaller circles to glue into the center of the borders circles, and even the little heart you see on the third circle from the bottom of the first card. They are all part of the Cricut .cut file. It could not get any easier. It was also awesome to dig through my paper scraps and find white 3 x 6 inch paper for the borders and 2 x 3 inch patterned papers for the decorative circles on the first card. I used CTMH stamps and Tulip ink, and the brads, buttons and ribbon are all from my stash.

If you would like the .cut file for your own creating, I am happy to share. Leave your email address in the comments below and I will send it right to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...