Saturday, March 24, 2012

Stacked favor boxes





These are darling 2 inch cubes cut on my Cricut, stamped with an all over design, filled with M&M's and stacked together and tied with a bow. I saw one similar here and was inspired to create my own. On my .cut file in Design studio I made it so I could add the cut of either the heart or the oval shape on the front of the plain boxes. I lined those cut out shapes with acetate on the inside of the box as I was assembling it.



This is a side view.



And here you see them from the back. I did use a little bit of tape runner to hold the lid from the bottom ones to the base of the one above it. Just to stabilize the whole tower. In the great picture tutorial on Oodabugalley blog she did quite a bit of manual altering of the die cut for the favor box, I didn't want to do all that so the taping lid to base helped with the stabilization problem.

I used my George basic shapes cartridge in the Design studio software for the Cricut. If you have all this and would like to give your hand at making these favor boxes I am happy to share my .cut file. Leave a comment below including your email address and I will mail it to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. These are really cute but I can see them in Disney colors with a Mickey head as the cut out shape on the front!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy! I would love this .cur file if you wouldn't mind sharing. brandyrea@att.net thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...