Saturday, March 3, 2012

Top note decorated baskets



Pin It

I was inspired to create these when I saw this pin on Pinterest. I love all the SU! Top note die projects I see and am so inspired to recreate them. But the awesome thing about these three baskets is they where designed on my Cricut using Design studio. I found a shape very similar to the top note on the Martha Stewart Elegant cartridge. So I set to work copying the original designers plans, to be cut on my machine instead of manually.

The SU! Top note is approximately 4.5 x 3.5 inches. So my first basket, the largest one you see it on the left in the above photo, was made using those dimensions. It's finished dimensions is a 3.5 inch cube, I thought it was too big, so I cut the dimensions in half. Creating the baby basket on the right side. Cute for a single Easter egg or a truffle maybe. It's very cute. Then since I was already on a roll I recreated it in the middle size. Finished measurements are 2.5 inch cube. I like the two smaller ones the best.



Here is a close up of the embellishment of the largest basket. I used a variety of EK Success punches, layered and held together with brads and pop dotted off the side of the basket.



Same for the smaller two, as seen here. I used CTMH Lucy double sided patterned paper for all of these. It's a nice heavy card stock weight, so it makes a sturdy basket. I thought they are beautiful colors and patterns for Easter.

I haven't bought any Easter candies yet, for obvious reasons....I would eat them all before the month of April even gets here. So I couldn't show you these Easter baskets all decked out in chocolaty goodness. But we are crafty people, we can imagine.

These three different .cut files are available if you would like to recreate these for yourself. Leave a comment and please be sure to include your email so I don't have to go searching, and I will send the .cut file out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...