Saturday, May 5, 2012

Altered bakers twine storage and gift boxes





I have recently purchased some really gorgeous bakers twine. I got a great price at Groopdealz on several spools of The Twinery colors. Too much twine for me to use alone so I decided to share with some crafty friends. I saw this great upcycled packaging for twine pinned on Pinterest, and couldn't wait to try it. I have been saving these SU! packaging cups forever knowing there would be just this kind of upcycling project to make. I also used a Crystal Lite package for the tall one. Then I used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes and add the eyelets to each container. I have 10 spools of twine so each stack has 10 holes. The SU! cups have 1 hole on the front and 1 down the back.



This is to show the little bit of decorating I did to the tops of the containers. I used some pretty papers I received for my birthday and punched circles and scallop circles to layer. I added lengths of ribbon from my stash and they are finished.





These are the little gift boxes holding the twine packages. I was inspired to create these on my Cricut by this pin on Pinterest. I used all new CTMH Dotty For You papers for these boxes. They are gorgeous and a nice thick weight. The finished size of the two smaller boxes is 3 x 3 x 4.5 inches and the taller box is 3 x 3 x 6.5 inches.



Here is a detail shot of the tallest box holding the upcycled Crystal Lite packaging twine dispenser gift. I used CTMH Sweet Leaf ink to stamp the sentiment from CTMH 4 My Friend stamp set. Add some doodle dash marks and a bow from the twine and they are ready to give.

The boxes are designed for the Cricut machine using Design Studio and George Basic Shapes cartridge. As always I am happy to share this .cut file. Leave a comment below, including your email address, and I will send it out to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...