Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Graduation cards



It's that season, Graduation season. I have reached a certain age where it's not baby showers anymore it's graduation ceremonies for myself and my friends kids.

The papers are from DCWV Tradewinds mat stacks. Gorgeous. The ribbon is from Really reasonable ribbons monthly club delivery and the graduated sizes of pearls are from CTMH. I love having 3 or 4 sizes to choose from.





This card was inspired by this pin on Pinterest, I felt it was simply elegant. I loved the CTMH sentiment also. I snipped it in half and repositioned it to suit my taste for the design of this card.





This card was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. A very different feel using all of the same supplies. The Fleur De Lis came from the CTMH stamp of the month set from a few months ago. It also had the sentiment I used. It's really perfect for these graduation cards.



This is the inside of the cards. The largest sentiment is "REALLY OLD" CTMH, back in the days the company was called D.O.T.S. = Dozens Of Terrific Stamps. I have always love it. I used a piece of scotch tape across the part of the stamp I did not want to ink, to split this sentiment. You place the tape over the section you don't want inked, ink up the rest of the stamp, remove the tape and stamp you sentiment. Then place tape over the already stamped part of the sentiment, ink up the other end, remove the tape and stamp the second part of the sentiment. Easy to do, I just have to remember to be careful with the inky piece of scotch tape when I remove it.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...