Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Pinterest inspired card making day





When I saw this card on Pinterest, it was love at first site. I loved the boldness of the design and the simplicity also. I was lucky enough that my friend and SU! consultant Tina, of the crazy stamp lady blog had this new stamp set. So we could make this CASE'd (copy and share everything) card. I tweaked it a little, by adding the cardstock layer beneath the stamped layer and I accidentally stamped the sentiment in a deeper red ink than I originally did the flower, so I stamped over the flowers again with the deeper red. I than used a glue pen and some glitter on the red flowers to add a little bling. I loved the original and I love this one too. It's quick and easy with a great impact, so making several of these and changing up the sentiment would be an awesome gift.



This beauty was so fun to make. We got our inspiration from this pin and changed very little. The background paper and to a slight degree the layers of the floral center. But why mess with perfection? So we pretty much CASE'd it exactly as was originally designed. Cool new effect, punching flowers from the cardstock and then embossing them and then gluing them down to the card topper. Really simple but gorgeous effect.


I loved the unique fold and opening idea on this pinned card idea.


I flipped it to open from the other side than the original designer and changed up some of my ink and cardstock colors, but other than that it's nearly identical to the original design. I hope she takes it as flattery, because her design was amazing and fun.



I absolutely loved this stunning card idea. So elegant. Again I added a cardstock layer for a pretty frame border. I also added some teeny tiny pearls, for a little bling. Because I love a little bling.  



And here it is in SU! Cherry cobbler my all time favorite color. So pretty. So feminine. I love it.



And a close up so you can see the teeny tiny red gems I dotted about.



This card is amazing. Such a great unique fold idea. I found it pinned here and again Tina had all the beautiful supplies so we CASE'd it with only tiny changes.


Here is one flap open.


And the big reveal. Ta Da! Gorgeous.

I hope you enjoyed seeing all the pins that have inspired me, and my creative tweaks on the originators designs. I so appreciate people sharing their talent on the internet, it helps me immensely to express my creativity. So a big hearty thank you to the inspiration blogs and websites:

Inking Idaho
Create N Stamp
Stampin Connection

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Had so much fun with you! These cards turned out so great. Love the new blog header as well. You have to show me how to do that too. Thanks for the day of fun. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...