Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scraps card





Oh, how do I love that everything on this card was made from scraps!?! Ok the ribbon is from my most recent Reason Ribbons monthly club pack and the card base is new, but everything else was literally sitting on my work space, left overs from prior projects. The flower and butterflies are from here and the sentiment shape is from here. It was my first test cut, and I decided it was not big enough, so I saved it and cut it again larger for the project. The most wonderful scrappy piece was inspired by this pin on Pinterest. Have I said lately how addicted to Pinterest I am, and how amazed I am by all of the beautiful inspiration I find there, daily? There are some amazingly talented generous people out there that I would never get to see and be inspired by their work except on Pinterest. Yahoo!



This is a close up of the strips, mine are random, meaning I did not measure to .25 inches exactly as the original tutorial creator did. Then I taped them down to a scrap piece of paper and when I had filled it in completely I ran the whole thing through my Cuttlebug in my Sizzix swiss dot embossing folder. I inked the edges, layered it on a hot pink card base, embellished to within an inch of it's life and Voila! A masterpiece of scraps that might have otherwise ended up in the garbage.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...