Saturday, June 23, 2012

Altered frame wall decor





This was made as a birthday gift for a dear friend. It was a real labor of love. I was inspired by this idea I found on Pinterest. I pinned it quite a while ago and have been hoping to get around to making it. I started out with the best of intentions for mimicking the idea piece more closely, but the frame mat was the perfect color and I liked the idea of using the word LOVE for my decor piece for my friend. So I ended up with a finished project quite different from the original inspiration.

The gorgeous frame was found at Walmart, it was the last they had, or I would have bought more. I really want to make myself one of these now. The paper is absolutely gorgeous, made by The Robin's Nest. I cut the letters out with my Cricut and the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge, which I then ran through the Cuttlebug with a new embossing folder by The Paper Studio.



Here you can see some of the stamping I did on the mat itself. I used a Hero Arts medallion stamp and 3 different chalk inks randomly patted all over the medallion. I added bits of a 1 Corinthians bible verse with some tiny Studio G alphabet stamps.


Another detail shot. More stamping with mini Studio G stamps.



Detail shot of the lower right hand corner. The conclusion of the bible verse with more medallion stamping. In all of these detail shots you can see little dots of Liquid Pearls in the color Bisque, I just dotted here and there for highlights. I also sprayed the completed mat with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold. It really is pretty in person.



I include this pic since this is how I wrapped the picture frame. I cut out the paper lace with ribbon cut outs on the Cricut, someone else designed it and shared it. I wish I remembered who, I would give them credit and big kudo's because that was a lot of work. It cut out beautifully, I did use my embossing tool to punch out some of the circles, but really for as fine and detailed as it is, it cut out beautifully. I love how it dressed up this bland wrapping. Thank you Anne, designer of  "anne_double_doiley_with_ribbon_slots" Cricut Design Studio .cut file.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...