Sunday, July 29, 2012

Scallop circle Christmas trees






I know, I know, more Christmas in July.

It's too soon.

I don't want to think about it already.

I get it. But I am starting to prepare for a Christmas class I am considering participating in again this year. Plus Pinspiration was found here and I couldn't resist. The creators blog post includes a link to her great tutorial for how to make these so I won't be repeating any of that here.




All of the shapes and layers I used to recreate this project were designed to be cut out on the Cricut using Design Studio and CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. The two trees you see a close up of in the above photo are flower shapes available in the cartridge. I set them up at.5 inch increments on the Design Studio software. One floral was your typical round petals, the other is a sunflower shape, that's the pointy petals. The tree skirts were also cut from the cartridge. I made them a little bigger than the base I planned to use. It's hard to tell but the base are altered from the plastic containers that buttons and brads come in from SU!. I used my Big Bite Crop-o-dile to punch a hole in the center of the lid of the container. The hole was just a touch narrower then the chop sticks that I used for my tree trunks. That actually turned out to be a good thing because they are sturdy and secure when the stick is pushed through the paper tree skirt and the lid. I used some of my ever growing Washi tape collection to decorate the base of the altered container now Christmas tree stand. Aren't they cute? Polka dots and stripes.



This was my favorite tree. This is just standard scallop circles, again sized in .5 inch increments. All four of the papers used came out of an old DCWV Christmas stack. Every tree and its star got some Stickles for added embellishment and that is it. Be sure to click over to the original designers blog post and tutorial for more details.

As always, I am happy to share my .cut files so you can easily recreate these projects if you want to. Leave a comment on this post and include your email address and I will email it to you.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...