Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IPod pouch from shirt cuff






I love recycling, upcycling whatever you want to call it. It's a personal challenge to make something cool or at least useful out of something that someone else might consider garbage. My hubby and I have differing opinions about what is garbage and what still has use in it. So he was going to toss out a long sleeved shirt that was practically brand new and I couldn't do it. So I put it in the donate bag. Then I saw this idea on Pinterest and changed my plans. *Bonus, I cut the sleeves off at the length of other dress shirts he had and hemmed it up. Now he likes and wears the shirt he was going to toss in the garbage. Win, win!



This is the perfect size for carrying my IPod back and forth to work in my bag. It's unique and kinda funky. I like it.



I altered the quickie tutorial that Pinterest links to, just a little bit. I needed some extra room to allow it to hold an IPod so I cut off the part of the sleeve right above the cuff, the parts that make up the slit to allow your hand to fit through the narrowest part of the sleeve. I used those already stitched parts to sew into the sides to make it wider and allow it to hold something thicker. This was a pretty fun and quick little project.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...