Monday, September 3, 2012

Christmas wreath cards



I finally got my new CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge on Thursday and started to play with it. I was unhappy to discover that it is not available (yet, I hope) in the Cricut Design Studio software. I don't know how to function without my design studio software. Of course when I attempted the updates from Provo Craft there were errors and it could not be done. It was too late to call them so I sent an email. Of course they are gone for the long holiday weekend so I get a response that I can expect a reply by Thursday or Friday next week. SO disappointing. So I picked a basic shape to cut without Design Studio. It goes with the CTMH Flair stamp and when I saw it in our new catalog I thought it would be an awesome CTMH version of this Pinspiration that I have been eager to make. Plus the CTMH version would cut out electronically. Thats ALWAYS a plus.



This card is stamped with CTMH Olive and Tulip ink using stamps from Christmas Scripts in addition to the Flair wreath base. This card is embellished with CTMH Glitz glitter gel and SU! Cherry cobbler seam binding and a SU! glitter brad.


This variation is CTMH Topiary and Holiday Red ink again using a sentiment from Christmas Scripts. The embellishment on this card is CTMH Sparkles that I colored with Copic Lipstick Red and CTMH grosgrain ribbon in Cranberry and a polka dot brad from my stash.  


This version is CTMH New England Ivy and Cranberry Ink the sweet polka dot border is from CTMH Winter Workshop on the Go and the sentiment is from Holiday Magic. Again with the SU! seam binding and glitter brad and the CTMH Glitz for embellishments.




Finally, and yes I saved my favorite for last. Again using CTMH Topiary and Holiday Red ink the sentiment is a SU! one and the embellishments are SU! brad, CTMH (old) Cranberry gingham ribbon and more of the CTMH sparkles in the smaller sizes available, again colored with the Copic marker. I like the brighter colors with the gingham ribbon. This is my favorite combination.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...