Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tee's altered to fringe scarves




I have had this pin on Pinterest for quite a while. I finally took the plunge and pulled out an old tee that I never wore. Followed the easy picture instructions and created my own fringe-y infinity scarves. I like it, a lot. A lot more than the boring tee that it was before. 




So I made another. From another ugly, unworn tee. I learned some things. The black tee was a higher quality all around. Better knit, thicker. It is a better finished scarf. It has a better cowl effect and the fringe rolls up tighter and stays rolled better. The white tee was a very cheap one, thin and shapeless. The finished scarf is limp and does not lay as nice.

Both tee's were basic crew necks in XL size. I used my self healing mat and my rotary cutter. I cut off the hem and then cut right under the armpit, that left about 16 inches. So I cut my fringe in 1 inch widths and about 8 inches deep, not being overly exact at the stopping spot. After pulling all the fringe to stretch and create the rolled effect I then stretched the width also. This allows both scarves to be doubled up and still loose around the neck, also the edge rolls under so the raw edges don't really show anywhere.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...