Sunday, January 13, 2013

Welcome baby card




This card was soooo fun to make. This card is a welcome baby card for a co-workers new son. He was so eager to get to meet his mommy and daddy and older brother that he was nearly 3 months premature. But I hear he is strong and doing very well. Since I didn't get to make a baby shower card, I improvised and made this one. 

You might notice I did the masking technique again, yep I'm a bit obsessed with it right now. I stamped in the  masked area using Hero Arts Envelope Pattern background stamp in CTMH Desert Sand. Also, just like yesterdays card, I sponged around the outer edges of the masked area with the same ink. I got out the teddy bear stamp I have had literally for decades, yes plural, I have been rubber stamping for that long. It says it's Annette Watkins brand but that's it.  I also have a coordinating bunny stamp. Cute as can be for baby cards, I think. Except that they both have a little bouquet of flowers in the center of the stamp, in the belly area. You can get away with flowers for a baby shower, especially if you don't know the sex of the baby, pastels and flowers are pretty standard. But since Mason is all boy, I decided to cover up the flowers with punched out circles with his name spelled out. The teddy's are stamped in CTMH Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Desert Sand, Garden Green and Olive inks. I fussy cut each of the teddy's out, whew, way more work than I usually would do. But worth it.  All of the edges of the teddy's and the punched circles are sponged in the Desert Sand ink also. The teddy's are pop dotted up from the card base. I wrapped CTMH Outdoor Denim bakers twine around this layer and then attached it to Garden Green and Outdoor Denim cardstock layers and holding all the layers together are CTMH Olive brads at the corners.



A close up shot, so you can see the layers and details. A card to celebrate a sweet new baby boys birth.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...