Tuesday, February 19, 2013

More Crayola Model Magic and clay ornaments



Here are just two of the heart ornaments that I spoke of in my last post. These were inspired by this pin and this beautiful pin and even this pin (although this recipe I tried and for me it was an EPIC fail) but the idea of pressing stamps into the front was a good one. But in the end this Pin made it happen. Her product recommendation, her picture tutorial, even the fact that her children did it with only minimal help and especially her comments about tips and tricks she learned as they made this project all spurred me on to try this again. 





This heart is made with the Crayola Model Magic product. It is sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Pearl, although you can't see it in the photo. I could not get an angle where the glimmer would show. Darn it. 





This ornament is made with Crayola Air-Dry Clay. It is heavier, it is not as white when completely dried, but it does have a really nice embossed definition and it takes the Glimmer Mist even better than the Model Magic. I know you can only see a little glimmer in the above photo, in person it is very shimmery. I also sanded the rough edges just a bit and that worked out very well.


Probably the best selling point of this Air-Dry Clay over the Model Magic is that it is less than half the price of the Model Magic. But these are breakable, and I did have a few casualties of Easter bunnies who's ears broke off during the drying process because they were narrow enough and weakened enough by the ribbon hole I had made in them. So both products are awesome. Both have great points and I loved working with both. I already have another cookie tray of shapes drying so expect to see more projects soon.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I am having a problem with the clay sticking in the cookie cutter. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...