Sunday, May 19, 2013

Expanding gift box



This fun little gift box was inspired by a Pinterest pin, which linked back to an awesome tutorial on the Scor-Pal website. Now me being the lazy person I am, and not wanting to hand cut this out each time I wanted to create a little gift box, I made a .cut file on my trusty Cricut using the Design Studio software I love so much and using George Basic Shapes and also CTMH Art Philosophy for the fancy upper flap shapes. 



All of the stamped images are from CTMH stamp set Tea Time. 


I used DCWV patterned paper and stamped the images in CTMH Lagoon ink.



Here you get a glimpse of all of the liner pieces I added on the .cut file. No manual cutting for me. 





Here is the interior with the sides expanded out partially. It's a really cool design, and the tutorial made it so easy for me to recreate it. 


Here it is holding some yummy tea bags as a small gift for a friend who loves her tea. Six tea bags fit beautifully.



This is the base piece after it is cut out on the Cricut. I show it here to illustrate the score lines. 



Rotate it and score again.



Now snip as shown above, being sure to snip along the correct sides as shown, so that the fancy tops will be able to expand out when the box is assembled. I also discovered it is much easier to stamp all the layers and then adhere them to the base piece while it is flat, before you have glued the sides together and such.

I am happy to share this .cut file with you, if you would like to make these gift boxes for yourself. Keep in mind I work in Design Studio so the only file I have is a .cut file. I have no desire to learn all those other programs and do not personally know how to or even if there is a way to convert this to other formats. Leave your email address in the comments section for this post and I will send out the .cut file to you. 

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...