Monday, June 24, 2013

More Crayola Model Magic creations


I love this Crayola Model Magic stuff. It is so fun to create with. This was my first project post and my second project post. Now I have used it in these food grade molds, and it worked fantastic! Look at the detail the Model Magic was able to retain. The finished items are so light weight they will be awesome on hair clips or jewelry findings.



This is my second mold, I bought both of these on Amazon. This flower feels more delicate, I will have to see if the outer petals hold up or if they end up breaking off.

I plan to try coloring these with Copic's markers and also attempt coloring with CTMH reinkers in the clay before I shape it. I pinch off a tiny amount of the Model Magic and roll it in my hands a little then I put the Model Magic in the mold and press and squish it in to make sure I get it in all the nooks and cranny's. Then I trim off around the top, to flatten the backside, using my fingernail. I pop the mold in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, and them I just pop them out of the mold. The shapes need to dry for between 24-48 hours, and I usually flip them one or two times during that time just to insure consistent drying.



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...