Sunday, June 16, 2013

More mindless two skein cowls


Wow. I didn't realize how long it has been since I have posted. Apparently I am going through one of those periods where I have no mojo for paper crafts. I have however been enjoying crocheting. A lot. Funny to me, since the weather is all wrong. You have seen the above cowl in this previous blog post, but as I predicted at the end of the post, I did redo this project. I re-crocheted it according to the pattern instructions for 19 chains rather than the 29 I thought I would like. It was just too much all wrapped around my neck. The 19 stitches makes it so much better and several inches longer, which is just more comfortable all around.  I can't wait for fall so I can wear this cowl.






Then I did this beauty. Same stitch pattern. I have fallen in love with the beautiful scallop that automatically happens to both outer edges with this amazing pattern I have pinned here. But this time I used a MUCH thicker yarn and I dropped the stitches down to 14. I still had to use two skeins of yarn to get it long enough for my taste. This is Charisma yarn I picked up at Michael's and the color is called Holiday. I love the mulberry hues and the evergreen too. Gorgeous.





And finally I made this cowl. Jiffy yarn in dusty pink, it is yet another texture and thickness, somewhere in between the first two yarns. This one was worked up in two skeins and 14 stitches also. I have to say Jiffy is nice to work with but not really yummy to wear, it has a rougher acrylic feel to it. Not my favorite to wear around my neck and close to my face.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...