Sunday, June 2, 2013

Patriotic nugget gift box



I made these little gift boxes for Memorial day (but they will be great for July 4th also). One to give to a neighbor whom had served in the military and thankfully come home alive and well after his many tours, and one to keep for myself as example and decoration. I love red, white and blue decorations and displaying the American flag, so this was perfect for me too.

I also love designing boxes, so when I saw this box tutorial I was inspired to open up my Cricut Design Studio software and get to work. I used George Basic Shapes cartridge to put this one together, using her tutorial for measurements and placement guidance. I love a good picture tutorial.  



With the Cricut it is so easy to cut out layers and designs with borders, so I added the decorative layers to the .cut file also. Now that I have the basic box shape, I can swap out the star for any shape or holiday icon. Easy peasy. The finished box is 3 x 4.25 x 1.5 inches. I embellished the top of the box with the stars cut out from the lid, I scored them and folded them to give more dimension, added a little ribbon detail like a shooting star tail and a few red gems. I also cut a little coordinating filler paper and wrapped some nuggets in the same patterned paper and it's ready for gifting.

As always, I can send you this Cricut .cut file if you want to recreate this project. Just leave me a comment on this post, including your email address and I will send it to you. Please keep in mind, it is a Cricut Design Studio .cut file, I lack the knowledge of how to change it to a Gypsy, SCAL or any other type of file. I have had a few requests lately for me to send a specific type of file. Umm, no can do. I can send you my file and you can attempt to convert it, but for me I'm happy with my Design Studio. Even though DARNED Provo Craft has decided to discontinue it and stop supporting it. Which I am NOT happy about. But that's a rant for a different day.  :*(



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...