Friday, July 12, 2013

Reason to smile & friendly phrases card





I case'd (copy and share everything) this card from this pin on Pinterest. The original was so beautiful I couldn't wait to recreate it. Hopefully you clicked the link and looked at the original so you know I copied it as closely as I could with the supplies I had available, because it was just beautiful to me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.



The one thing that I did not do, compared to the original card, was I did not fussy cut out one of those daisies so I could have it leaning off to the right. The stamp is made so that the stem and the flower curve to the left......BUT, the stem is actually narrow and flexible enough that it will curve to the right with very little coaxing. I stuck the flower part to my acrylic block and then I gently curve the stem how I wanted it, then I gave it a firm press to the block. And lo and behold, it stayed put. I was prepared to use some temporary adhesive or dotto tape runner, but I didn't need to. Yahoo!!! Because I dislike fussy cutting. Ha! I ended up fussy cutting anyways. I cut three daisies out of post it notes, so that I could mask off the flowers while I sponged the green ink. But I did save those post it note masks so I can reuse them again. Speaking of post it notes, that is what I used to mask off the area I wanted to sponge, after I had stamped the flower 3 times. I masked, I sponged, I flicked watered down black ink from a toothbrush then I water colored the daisies and the stems.  Finishing touches are the sentiment stamp and the outline around the sponging and glued on a ribbon bow.




These are the beautiful CTMH inks I used in my recreation of this pretty little card. 


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...