Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Burlap and lace table runner, wrapped vases and jars



It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving around here. My son has raked a ton of leaves from the yard. We had our first overnight freeze this week and our first foggy morning yesterday. Yahoo! Finally.

The preparations are under way inside the house too. I have been cleaning and decluttering and crafting during my much loved Thanksgiving week vacation. I love this time of year. Everything about it. I have so much to be thankful for and I am thankful everyday, but I love an extra special time set aside to concentrate on family and our blessings.





Here are my dinner table decorations I have completed this week. Two upcycled jars, wrapped in jute, burlap, lace and twine and embellished with buttons. The jars are from my mom, we both share a love of cute little containers and uniquely shaped jars and find many practical ways to reuse them. The lace and the twine are from my mother in law, she was a crafty woman also and very frugal. These were things that I inherited from her collection when she passed. I love using them now for this project.





These are two dollar store flared top vases and candles in glass jars. The only new things that I bought for this project. Again decorated similarly as the jars, I was inspired by this idea and this idea and this one too. You can see the influences each inspiring photo had on the final outcome of my project. 





And finally my favorite new addition to my Thanksgiving table scape, the burlap and lace table runner. I have had this and this inspiration pinned for a long time but it wasn't until I found this post for preparation and this wonderful post for execution, that I felt confident enough to purchase the supplies needed to make my own. It turned out wonderfully thanks to the step by step instructions on Ella Claire Inspired and Mikaela Rae blog. What beautiful blogs and amazing photo tutorials. Made the project feel less intimidating and more possible.



I am lucky enough to have a big beautiful table that will comfortably seat 8 people. My runner is 6 feet long. It is a thing of beauty. I am so ready to have the table set for family to feast at. Happy Thanksgiving. 


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...