Monday, November 18, 2013

Loom knit scarf & crocheted fingerless gloves



Here are my latest yarn creations. Above is a scarf made from some Yarn Bee Fleece Lite in Rustica, a friend picked up for me out of the clearance bins at Hobby Lobby. It is thick and yummy.




Ugh! sorry for the terrible lighting in these pictures. I took them at night by plain old lamp light. The scarf color is a pumpkin orange with bits and flecks of a deep dark green. Definite fall yummy-ness going on here.




These are some fingerless gloves I created my own pattern as I stitched. I had ordered some yarn online, never having felt it, and it is the roughest toughest stuff. Not at all suitable for cowls or scarves, unfortunately. So I thought I would just play around and see if I could create come gloves fit to my hands. It worked. And as gloves the yarn is not terrible.




I did single crochets and popcorn stitches and a few single crochet decreases on these gloves, that's it. Pretty simple. They are unusual, but I like them. I have affectionately named them my Ewok boxing gloves. No idea where that came from, but it has stuck.

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...