Friday, February 21, 2014

Loom knit slouchy beanie and wrist warmers





My first loom knit slouchy beanie. I am hooked. These knit up so quickly and I am thrilled with the finished hat. I originally got the idea from this post at This Moment Is Good blog, and even though I didn't attempt the striping she did in her patter, I never would have even thought of a slouchy from a loom without her post and instructions.



These matching wrist warmers were also knit on the loom. It took me three times to get the sizing right, but they finally worked out. I used the Provo Craft Knifty Knitter blue loom to make a flat panel with a crochet cast on that I learned on YouTube here, It created a nice loose and non-rolling edge, that you see at the wrist end of the lil mitts. For me personally, the right fit was knitting on 19 pegs for a total of 25 rows. Then I just sewed the seam together leaving an opening for my thumb.

For both the hat and the wrist warmers I used 1 skein of Lion Brand Jiffy in Fisherman color and 1 skein of Homespun in Pearl. I also made 1 large and 2 small flowers on the smaller looms and stitched them to the finished hat and mitts. 



Here is me trying on the hat before I put the cute little flower on for a finishing touch.



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

1 comment:

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...