Saturday, March 8, 2014

Loom knit slouchy beanie


I am loving slouchy beanies. Especially made on the knitting loom. They are such a quick project and I finally can wear hats. "Hi, my name is Cathy and I have 80's bangs." I admit it, I'm stuck in the past. I can't seem to get with the times, the side swept bangs or no bangs at all....huh uh, just can't do it. So I never like wearing hats that squish my bangs, because at some point I know that hat is coming off and I will have hat hair. But now I have a solution. The slouchy beanie. Yea!!!



I was inspired to make this beanie after watching her awesome YouTube video. She breaks it down so simply and it was easy to follow along. I finished my first one in about 3 hours. I made it using Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in Somerset Ombre, it did take just a bit over 1 skein. I probably could have stopped at 1 skein but it wouldn't have had enough slouch I think. It's ok, the rest of the second skein didn't go to waste, I made a pair of matching wrist warmers. :) 



This is my second beanie from the same pattern. (Sorry for the terrible pic, taken late at night in terrible lamp light). This one was worked up in about 2 hours using Loops & Threads Charisma yarn in Mountain Majesty. I love these variegated yarns, they make such beautiful designs in the finished knit hat. I am currently working on a matching scarf, made using the same stitch pattern. When it is finished I will take a better picture of the set together.



Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...