Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A gaggle of turkeys


I'm making little turkeys to put at the place setting of each of my family members, at Thanksgiving dinner. I was inspired by this adorable pin on Pinterest. I absolutely love this SU! Day of Gratitude stamp set, and this is such a clever way to use it. 



Here's a close up of my very first one, in all his glory. I used SU! inks as you can see, and the third pad is Cajun Craze.



I created a Pazzles cut file so I wouldn't have to fussy cut all those turkeys tails by hand. I cut and then stamp while the paper is still on the mat. I feel like it helps me to line them up a bit better. I didn't want to put a York peppermint patty between the body and the tail as the original creator did. I'm hoping these turkeys hang around for a lil while, not just ripped open for their candy and discarded. *gasp* So I repurposed the centers of my used ATG tape refills. I covered them with a strip of coordinating card stock and put some SU! dimensionals on both sides, strategically placed over the spokes in the plastic tape refill piece, to give the dimensionals added support. Then I sandwiched them between body and tail.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving filled with lots of love and happiness.


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...