Saturday, January 10, 2015

Yarn creations



There is just something about winter that has me more interested in snuggling up and working with yarn, rather than paper crafting. I made lots of Christmas gifts this year. Above is a ear warmer head wrap made on the green Knifty Knitter loom. I did random combinations of purl stitches and knit stitches to get the texture you see above.



Both of these were made with left overs from other projects. I have no idea of brand just that they are a bulky or super bulky yarn. One thing I did learn is be SUPER loose on your bind off row, I mean when you think you are being loose enough, make it even looser. First to match it to the cast on row and also you do no want these to have a tendency of sliding up and off the crown of your head. The first one I made, that's exactly what it did, as you moved your head it slowly inched its way up and off.



These are just some of the preemie and micro preemie baby hats I made for a challenge I joined on Facebook. You can see the challenge group here, or search Sunset Crochet and 2014 NICU Challenge Hats. A lot of adorable hats made and donated this year, and lots of great free patterns available too. Check it out. 



This is a crocheted beanie I made and had enough yarn so I made one for my friend Angela, doesn't she always make my yarn creations look so pretty?!?! This is the wonderful and easy pattern I used with Caron Simply Soft yarn. Whips up in a matter of hours. 



And I also made two of these neon green and black beanies for my son and my husband. These are loom knit using Red Heart Super Saver yarns I believe. Not 100% positive anymore, its been a month or two since I finished those. A lot of yarn has passed through these fingers since then. ;)

Now I'm pretty much caught up with posts of what has been keeping me entertained these past few months. At least of the projects I took pics of before I gifted them. Happy crafting, whether it be yarn or paper crafting. It's all good!


Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun & fabulous. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading each and every comment. Thanks for taking a moment to leave an opinion or observation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...